Monday, May 4, 2015

Feelings of neglect

  • Have you experienced this: In the most difficult times, people seem to disappear? Friends are not available. Calls are not returned. Even loved ones are too busy, stay away, or do not care or listen.

    Been there. There now. Likely will be again. It is "life". It hurts. David experienced it. Jesus too. We are no exception.

    It does feel good to be understood, however, someone's understanding cannot really fix a problem. It can help how or what you feel or understand about a problem, but it is seldom a real solution.

    On the other hand, God knows and understands every difficulty you face--and He can make a difference. And in my experience, He usually starts making the difference in me first, and then in the circumstances only when I am ready--ready from His perspective, that is.

I am weak and utterly crushed; I cry out in distress because of my heart's anguish. Lord, all my longings are before you, and my groaning is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me, even the gleam in my eye is gone. As for my friends and my neighbors, they stand aloof from my distress; even my close relatives stand at a distance. (Psa 38:8-11 ISV)

No comments:

Post a Comment