Friday, August 15, 2014

Choices


  • Today's message is about good behavior; however, not everyone embraces that lifestyle...

    I had to interact with one of those "harsh and unpleasant" people referred to in today's prayer. This person's behavior is extreme and has affected many lives spanning decades. It affected me again today, and it was a struggle to overcome (again).

    It has been said, "What doesn't make you bitter makes you better." The "bitter" part is a choice. The "better" part is a result of the choice not to become bitter from mistreatment. I am grateful to have realized along the way that I had a choice.

    Please remember, regardless of circumstances, you have a choice too: You can set your heart to be that wise person in today's verses.

The wise are known for their understanding, and instruction is appreciated if it's well presented. Discretion is a life-giving fountain to those who possess it, but discipline is wasted on fools. From a wise mind comes wise speech; the words of the wise are persuasive. Kind words are like honey--sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. (Prov 16:21-24 NLT)

Prayer: LORD, one way people evaluate each other is by what they say--and some people's words are so harsh and unpleasant that others avoid them. I want to grow in wisdom and understanding so that my words can be positive and encouraging. As I grow in our relationship, what I say will begin to be healing and comforting, welcomed and appreciated by those who hear. May all my words today be a reflection of You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment