Tuesday, August 12, 2014

How Deep is your Love for God?


  • What if standing for God meant losing a significant relationship? Or your job? Or friends no longer wanted you around? Or you lost the respect of colleagues? What would you do if given an ultimatum?

    This is what I do: I make decisions with God about important things. Then, when challenges arise, because I have already decided, I do not have to think about how I am going to respond. I have already made the choice; I then only have to honor it.

    I believe that is how Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah (Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego) handled the situation in Daniel 3. They had already made their commitment to God. So, when Nebuchadnezzar's order was announced, there was no question what they would do.

Then the herald loudly proclaimed, "This is what you are commanded to do, O peoples, nations and men of every language: As soon as you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipes and all kinds of music, you must fall down and worship the image of gold that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up. Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace." (Dan 3:4-6 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment