Thursday, August 14, 2014

Go with God


  • A good friend believes that God told Him to leave for an extended ministry road-trip on his motorcycle. There were a lot of unanswered questions and he struggled with where he was supposed to go. He confided in me. I could not say, "Yes, it is God. Go." or"No, it is not. Do not go.", because I did not know. I told him this:

    "Frank, if you go, you may not know where you are going, but you know Who you are going with." He found peace in that. His decision was to leave. I last heard from him about a week ago.

    So it is with our lives. We do not always know where we are going, but we can always know Who we are going with if we keep our faith and trust in God. I find great peace in that. I hope you do too.

May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Heb 13:20-21 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment