Thursday, September 11, 2014

Faith


  • My understanding, faith--the "God kind"--is more than an intellectual assent or just saying words. Example: You believe you will be alive in an hour (barring some unforeseen event) because you are alive now. It is not something you think about; you just accept it to be true.

    IMHO: We have to know that God will do what He promised just like we know we are alive now and will be in an hour. When we reach that expression of faith and that level of knowing, things will happen.

    Am I there yet? Not as I would like to be... but I'm working on it.

I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me. I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. This will please the LORD more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hoofs. (Psa 69:29-31 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment