Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Give God a chance


  • Sometimes the pain, disappointment, and loss in your life can feel overwhelming. I understand. (If you know even a little of my story, you know I speak from experience when I say, "I understand.".)

    From that precious and costly experience I say to you: Regardless of what has happened, God can heal, restore, and renew joy again.

    I know how that statement can sound when you are in pain and grief. I know how it can feel impossible to ever know joy again. I also know that it is true because I have experienced it.

    And because I have, I do not doubt that God will do it for you. The process begins with your faith to believe and willingness to ask. For me, it took some time (and a lot of trust along the way)--but it happened. It can happen for you too.

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. (John 16:21-24 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment