Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Love is better


  • I have spent a lot of time in reflection on my life and the pain I have experienced. I discovered that much of what I did was to avoid pain in some way. I believe we all do it more (and in more ways) than we realize.

    Examples: Pleasing someone or seeking their approval to avoid the pain of rejection. Seeking financial security to avoid the pain of poverty. A relationship to avoid the pain of loneliness.

    Of course, the better motive is love. Think on these things in context of your relationship with God. 

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. (Gal 1:10-12 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment